2021 Summer Saxophone Online Camp — June 14-15
Hosted by Dr. Todd Gaffke and the UA Saxophone Studio
- Open to students entering 9th grade high school through freshman year of college.
Monday and Tuesday, June 14 - 15, 2021 - virtual
Schedule for both days
- 9 - 9:45 a.m. – Session 1
- 9:45 - 9:55 a.m. – Break
- 9:55 - 10:40 a.m. – Session 2
- 10:40 - 10:50 a.m. – Break
- 10:50 - 11:35 a.m. – Session 3
- 11:35 - 11:45 a.m. – Break
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Session 4
- Participate in interactive sessions on developing fundamentals such as tone, intonation, vibrato, articulation, technique, and more!
- Go beyond the basics with sessions on voicing, altissimo, and extended techniques.
- Learn about jazz style and improvisation.
- Participate in a master class.
- Learn about audition preparation.
- Participate in Q&A sessions.
- Hear a performance by Dr. Gaffke.
- Take a lesson with Dr. Gaffke (fee applies).
- Lessons will take place during the week of June 14 outside of the listed camp schedule. Dr. Gaffke will contact you directly to schedule a lesson if you request one on the registration form.
COST & REGISTRATION
- Free to attend.
- Lesson with Dr. Gaffke: $25.
The UA Summer Saxophone Camp will be virtual through the Zoom platform. The following recommendations will help ensure a good experience:
- Laptop or desktop computer with a reliable webcam and speaker. Smartphones will work, but are not recommended.
- A reliable internet connection.
- A quiet, well-lit space.
- Know how to turn on “original sound” in the Zoom audio settings and do a quick soundcheck before camp.